Based on the GTP, a target has been set to generate from 8000-10,000 Mega watt electricity power until the end of 2015. To achieve this grand objective, the following sub objectives have been planned:
- Constructing hydroelectricity generating plants with a capacity of 4993 Mega and 22000 Giga watts.
- Building wind energy generating plants with a capacity of 764 Mega and 2988 Giga watts.
- Constructing geothermal energy generating plants with a capacity of 75 mega and 526 Giga watts.
- Completing studies for the construction of hydroelectricity generating plants which have a capacity of 8602 mega and 43363 Giga watts and begin construction.
- Completing studies for the construction of geothermal energy generating plants with a capacity of 375 mega and 2589 Giga watts and begin construction.
- Make available a master plan for wind energy generation by undertaking studies at places indicated by the wind map.
- Creating and building engineering team which has the capacity to undertake design and evaluate energy generation.
Construction of more than 6,000 km electric lines Expansion until 2015.
- Completing the construction of 2,224km electric lines expansion works.
- Until the end of the planned period, 6035km electric lines expansion work will be completed. From 6035 km electric lines, 434 km is with 500 kilo volt, 945 km is with 400 kilo volt, 3387 km is with 230 kilo volt and 1269 km with 132 kilo volt.
- 22 distribution centers will be reconstructed.
At the end of the planned period, there will be 20,899 institutions related to water. These institutions will create employment opportunities for 47,804 people. From this figure, 20, 899 are middle level people and the remaining 26,905 are daily laborers.