Housing Development Program is the sector which is included in the growth and Transformation Plan of the country. The Housing Development Program encompasses building houses in cities, construction of houses and other related services at sugar development project sites and construction of ten new universities. When this program is implemented at the end of 2015, the following things will be achieved:
- 170, 000 houses, which have a total floor width of 10.8 million square meters, will have been constructed. This is estimated to generate employment opportunities for 92430 people on average.
- 101022 houses, which have a total floor width of 5,917,276 square meters, will have been constructed at sugar development project sites. This is expected to generate employment opportunities for 64860 people on average.
- 1251 blocks, which have a total floor width of 506596 square meters, will have been constructed when the plan for building of ten new universities is completed. This will create employment opportunities for 25045 people.
- Generally, under these three types of housing development projects, the houses will have a total floor width of 223872 square meters. This will create employment opportunities for 161854 people.
- Replacing old & shanty houses, which are not suitable for living, with improved and modern houses will be undertaken through integrated house development projects.